- Shred documents with financial and personal information.
- Never leave ATM or credit card receipts behind.
- Don’t use obvious passwords like your name or birthdate.
- Do not give out your Social Security number, carry your card with you, or put your number on checks.
- Never give out personal info unless you know who you are dealing with.
- Never click on links sent in unsolicited emails.
- Keep your computer secure. Use firewalls, anti-spyware and antivirus software, keep them up-to-date.
- Add your name to the “Do Not Call Registry” (888-382-1222).
- Monitor your credit report at least twice a year.
- Review your credit card statements carefully.
Secure Your ID Day: April 16, 2011
BBB Free Community Shredding Event