- Accredited Businesses Make Fortune 500 List
Sparks spice manufacturer McCormick & Co. (NYSE: MKC) ranked No. 689 on the Forbes list.
- Jos. A. Bank Clothiers Inc. saw profits spike up 16 percent in 2007 and hit a record a high.
- The Hampstead-based men's retailer chain reported net income of $50.2 million, or $2.72 per share. That's up from $43.2 million, or $2.36 per share, from 2006.
- Bank of America Corp. has launched a prepaid debit card that teachers can use to purchase classroom supplies.
- The Bank of America Visa Supply Shelf card, with a value ranging from $25 to $750, can be used at designated school-supply stores or their Web sites.
Baltimore Magazine honored Maryland’s Women in Business in its May issue. Those included the following Accredited Businesses:
- Megan Avery of Legacy Associates LLC
- Jenny Trostel of Sabb of Baltimore
- Monyka Berrocosa of MyCity4Her, Inc.
- All Account Executives of Baltimore Magazine