One of the benefits of the BBB Advertising Program is that businesses can advertise their BBB accreditation in many places. Since we have been getting inquires from different Yellow Pages and directory publishers that have been asked by your businesses to use various different versions of our old logos or to modify current seals, we thought it might be helpful to review the program advertising rules.
The special Yellow Pages only seal is for advertising in Yellow Pages or similar directories listings. While businesses aren’t required to use this version, they may want to for better legibility.
The simplified version of the seal for Yellow Pages was developed to avoid loss of legibility due to paper and/or printing quality that is used in directories. It uses a font that is legible at a very small size.
- This seal should only be used for Yellow Pages or similar directories.
- It must be reproduced in black.
- It can not be altered in any way or include additional words.
- The minimum allowable size is 3 Picas (.5 inches) high for the entire seal.
- Do not use this seal for any other purpose than Yellow Pages or similar directories.
Your business can use the regular version of the seal in directories but the smallest size for printing is with the height of the B no smaller than 1/8 inch. So when they want to use a smaller size to cut down on printing costs they should use the Yellow Pages version.
We will ultimately create a stronger brand by using only those approved recognizable seals.