Better Business Bureau | Greater Maryland didn't waste time putting seven new members on its board of directors to work. The recently elected volunteer leaders hail from a diverse background and offer expertise in a variety of disciplines from digital marketing, to finance and data privacy and security. The new board members recently completed a half-day orientation at BBB headquarters followed by an afternoon retreat with the full board unveiling the non-profit's 2012-2013 strategic plan.
"The economic climate tested our organization. But with the leadership of our board, the commitment of our staff and the support of our community, our BBB has never been better," said Angie Barnett, president and CEO. "Our new leaders and senior advisors have rallied behind an impressive plan that focuses on community engagement and accountability."
The first-year board members include Lt. Col. Ronald Edwards, CEO, Hague Quality Water of Maryland, Brandon Green, general manager of Cintas Document Management, Betsy Hayes, vice president of Chapin Davis Investments, Kate Kasabula, corporate sales account executive for the Baltimore Ravens, Tim Kassouf, marketing director of G.1440, Ellie Meyd, BBB Educational Foundation chair and vice president, Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union and Charles Sawyer, president of The Sawyer Group.
The board is led by an eight-person executive committee. Paul Frey, BGE, smart grid demonstration manager, serves as chairman. Frey and Barnett rolled out a number of initiatives at the retreat including performance metrics, best practices, corporate development and program expansion to help consumers find and recommend businesses, brands and charities they can trust. The organization is seeking volunteer advisors from its Accredited Business community to assist on their finance, personnel, corporate development and customer engagement committees.
BBB | Greater Maryland 2012 Board Members
- Chairman, Paul J. Frey, BGE
- Past Chair, Larry Taylor, AT&T Mobility
- Treasurer, Keith Novak, Clifton Gunderson LLP
- Secretary/President, Angie Barnett, BBB
- Tim Munson, AES Builder & Home Improvements
- Francel M. Smith, Benefits Perspectives, Inc.
- John Von Paris, Von Paris Moving & Storage
- Tommie Tarsell, Tomco Insurance Corp.
- Lisa Corona, McCormick & Co., Inc.
- Lisa Decker, The Whiting-Turner Contracting Co.
- Lt. Col. Ron Edwards, Hague Quality Water of MD
- Michael Evans, Frederick Mutual Insurance Co.
- Jason Goldsmith, CARCHEX
- Brandon Green, Cintas Document Management
- Betsy Hayes, Chapin Davis Investments
- Bill Hurley, Bray Scarff Inc.
- William Jameson, Luna Home
- Kate Kasabula, Baltimore Ravens
- Tim Kassouf, G.1440
- Shohreh Kaynama, Ph.D.
- George Layfield, IWIF
- Ellie Meyd, Atlantic Financial Federal Credit Union
- Charles Sawyer, The Sawyer Group
- Alan Shephard, Advanced Computer Tech Support
- David H. Wilson, Preston Automotive Group
- Brian Wuest, Thompson Creek Window Co.
- Kimberly Grimsley, Bowie & Jensen, LLC