Avoid Holiday Blues From Gift Cards This Season
Holiday gift cards are a great solution to simplify your holiday shopping, but this shopping season gift cards may cause more stress than relief. You want to make sure your gift is put to go use this season and your BBB has provided you with some tips to remember when your purchasing gift cards this holiday season.
- Buy from a store you know and trust.
- Consider a bank-issued card, but ask about fees.
- Check both in store and website for any updates, closings, and liquidation sales.
- If you have doubts, ask the retailers’ neighbors if they have seen or heard anything about going out of business.
- It’s smart to pay by credit card. You may always dispute charges under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
- Keep your gift card receipt in case the card is lost or stolen.
- Check the gift card’s expiration date.
- If you are given a gift card, use the card soon after you receive it.
For more tips from BBB | Greater MD, visit www.bbb.org