* Reproduce the following graphic with appropriate modifications
The advertisement or announcement using this graphic must also include the following information: “[Category of Recognition Received, e.g., “Winner”], [Year], Better Business Bureau of [Geographic indicator].”
* Reproduce a copy of the award, which must include the date of receipt;
* State the following: “[Year] [Recognition Received, i.e., “Winner”], Better Business Bureau | Greater Maryland Torch Award for Marketplace Excellence
* Reproduce a photograph of their receipt of the award, provided the award year is clearly visible;
* Issue announcements and press releases about receipt of the award within two weeks of its receipt; and/or
* Make a brief factual statement about the award and the required business qualifications.
Q. Where may a local BBB award recipient advertise?
A. The recipient may advertise within BBB’s geographic service area in the following media:
* Newspapers, periodicals, direct mail, billboards, annual reports, posters, flyers,television and radio spots;
* Off line yellow pages advertisements and directories; and
* ON LINE, on the company Web site (This is the only instance where a company may advertise its receipt of an award outside BBB service area.)
Q. For how long may a local BBB award recipient advertise?
A. The recipient may advertise for the award indefinitely, but only as long as they maintain a B rating at BBB.
Q. Whom do I contact at BBB to obtain review and approval of draft proofs for Torch Award advertisement
A. Forward draft proofs to Jody Thomas, BBB | GMD, phone: 410-347-8593; fax: 410-735-1812; email: email@example.com. Please allow 5 business days for review.